Saturday 18 May 2013

Benefit Happy Beauty Day! - Review


It's official; I have no willpower. I saw this in the checkout line at Boots and before I knew it, I was walking out of the store with this in my bag...well...you have to indulge every now and then right?

This giftset was such a good find! It has three mini size products inside that I have been dying to try out for ages.

  • The POREfessional - 7.5 ml / 0.25 oz
  • posietint - 4.0 ml / 0.13 oz
  • BADgal lash - 4.0 g / 0.14 oz

The POREfessional is described as a "pro balm to help minimise the appearance of pores and help makeup stay put." This primer is fantastic! It smoothes out my skin in a flash and keeps my makeup strong throughout the day. I apply it around my nose onto my cheeks, where sometimes get a tad oily and where my bigger pores are. I was wary of this product to begin with as it contains silica which, in the past, has made my skin freak out like there's no tomorrow.This however, is wonderful. I have even gone out a couple of times since I purchased this set, with just this and mascara! I seriously recommend this product which you can buy full size for £24.50 from Boots and www.boots.com and $30 from Sephora and www.sephora.com

posietint is described as a "poppy-pink stain for lips and cheeks." It is a lovely rosy pink that adds a lovely colour to the face. I love using this on my cheeks to give myself a natural flush! This doesn't translate well on the lips though as I don't really see any difference there, but as a cheek stain it is fabulous! I am on the fence on whether or not to buy this full size as I am already trying to justify buying Bella Bamba from Benefit, a cream colour base from MAC and a cream blush from NARS in one sitting (help). I will definitely use up this sample anyway. You can buy posietint full size for £24.50 from Boots and www.boots.com and $30 from Sephora and www.sephora.com

BADgal lash is my favorite out of this set,  it's a real shining star! It give a beautiful black lift to my lashes with big volume and curl. I love this mascara almost as much as my They're Real which in my opinion, is a big claim to make. It lasts all day and I am seriously considering buying it full size! You can buy BADgal full size for £17.50 from Boots and www.boots.com and $19 from Sephora and www.sephora.com

Overall I am really pleased with my purchase and think it was a great find! You can buy it yourself (if you can find it at the checkout) in Boots stores for £9.50. You may be able to find it in the checkout at Sephora also but you may want to check your local store to find out.

Thanks for reading!!! Scroll down for more photos...






4 comments:

  1. do you have the online link to this?x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I don't. I looked when I posted this review and I checked just now. You may still be able to find it in stores (boots, ulta, sephora etc.) Or alternatively, you could search on ebay or amazon. x

      Delete
  2. Thankyou so much! I'll take a look in boots tomorrow for it, aaah hope they have it! Also, do you have an ig account?:)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do -
      Instagram - niamhcallaghan99
      Twitter - ParaVamp99

      I don't really have any blog related content on my other social media platforms but if anyone would like to see more content there I would be more than happy to post. :) :)

      Delete